Thursday, December 11, 2008

I can't tell a soul I love you By Ebrima

I can't tell a soul I love you though my heart begs me to. Every romantic song reminds me of you, and every time I see a happy couple I wish they were you and me. Sometimes­ I write your name and stare at it wistfully as I imagine how great our lives together would be...but I can't tell a soul I love you.I can't even tell you.I wrote a poem about you,trying to express the depth of my emotion,hopi­ng to make you understand the breadth of my devotion,but­ the words were not enough.I couldn't explain how strongly I feel about you;I couldn't describe the volatile mix of joy and pain,because­ I can't tell a soul I love you.Sometime­s I feel like my need to see you is consuming me inside,and sometimes when I think about you I tremble...my­ love for you is never easy to hide.I called my best friend to explain how much I love you...but the words stalled on my tongue,and again, I had to pretend...be­cause I can't tell a soul I love you.I sat on the beach and drew a heart in the sand while I thought about you.I imagined the joy of being with you,of simply holding your hand.I wanted to find you;I wanted to tell you how much I love you,and that I would always love you no matter what you do. As the tide dashed in to steal the heart.

2 comments:

Michael Kowis said...

wow that poem clearly explains how much love i have for you and im quite sure thats how it is for u

Anonymous said...

Awww this is such a sweet poem!!!! I feel like this all the time!!!!!